Legal professionals at BDS Legal Services, will provide the highest quality research within a short timeframe and at a fraction of the traditional costs. Most importantly, our Intellectual Property support services are tailored to meet the individual requirements of each client. Depending on your specific needs, BDS Legal Services will conduct multi-level searches and list the most relevant results.
One Person Company (OPC)
One Person Company is a new concept. Earlier if you wanted to set up a private company, you needed at least two persons because the law mandated a minimum of two shareholders. So, for the person wanting to venture alone, the only option was proprietorship, which is not legally recognized as a separate entity.
While doing business as a proprietorship firm, the personal assets of the proprietor can be at risk in the event of failure, but this is not the case for a One Person Company, as the shareholder liability is limited to his shareholding.
There are numerous benefits:
- OPC is a separate legal entity and capable of doing everything that an entrepreneur would do.
- OPC can raise funds through venture capital, financial institutions, angel investors, etc. An OPC can raise funds thus graduating itself to a private limited company.
- An OPC can avail the various benefits provided to small scale industries like the lower rate of Interest on loans, easy funding from the bank without depositing any security to a certain limit, manifold benefits under Foreign Trade policy and others. All these benefits can be boon to any business in initial years.
- The OPC with bad credit rating may even get the loan. The credit rating of OPC will not be material if the rating of OPC is as per norms.
- Any business entity that runs in the form of the company always enjoys an increased trust and prestige.