PAN Card Application
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form of a laminated card, by the Income Tax Department.
A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is one of the most important documents in the country today. It is an identification number which the Income Tax Department gives to all taxpayers.
You need to quote the PAN for all financial transactions like opening a bank account, buying a property of a car, buying or selling shares or mutual funds, applying for a visa/passport, making payment of income tax or filing your tax return, applying for a bank loan, etc.
- The PAN card carries your photograph, name and address. Hence it serves as a nationally accepted proof of identity.
- The PAN number is unique to every PAN card holder. Your name and address may change; your card may get lost or stolen; but the PAN will remain unchanged. So, the possibility of misuse is rare.
- As an ID proof, the PAN card is sure, dependable, nationally recognized and unchanging.
- With a valid PAN card, you can easily enter into different financial transactions.You can obtain landline and cell phone connection; you can open demat account; you can buy and sell property and share and much more.
- A minor account can be opened and operated easily with the PAN card of the guardian.